
痛苦的時差
Bea is having a conversation with her coworker Larry.
碧正在和她的同事賴瑞聊天。
Bea: Hi, Larry! Welcome back from San Francisco! How was your trip?
碧:嗨,賴瑞!歡迎從舊金山回來!旅途愉快嗎?
Larry: Hi, Bea! San Francisco was great, but I’m very tired from the long flight.
賴瑞:嗨,碧!舊金山很棒,但長途飛行讓我累壞了。
tired(adj.)疲累的flight(n.)飛行、航班flight attendant空服員flight delay航班延誤take off起飛land(v.)降落
Bea: Oh no! Did you sleep on the plane?
碧:喔,不!你在飛機上有睡覺嗎?
sleep(v.)睡覺
Larry: Not much. I tried, but I couldn’t sleep well.
賴瑞:沒怎麼睡。我試著入睡,但睡不好。
Bea: Jet lag can be hard. Did you sleep after you got home?
碧:時差很痛苦的。你回家後有睡覺嗎?
jet lag時差jet-lagged(adj.)有時差的
Larry: Yes, but I kept waking up. My body still doesn’t know what time it is here.
賴瑞:有,但我老是醒來。我的身體仍然不知道現在幾點了。
keep(v.)保持(某狀態)、(使)繼續keep a secret保守秘密keep a diary寫日記wake up醒來
Bea: You’ll get used to it soon. Maybe go outside during the day and stay awake until bedtime.
碧:你很快就會習慣的。也許白天的時候可以出去走走,就寢時間前都不要睡覺。
get used to (doing) sth.習慣某事awake(adj.)清醒的、醒著的
Larry: I’ll try that. Thanks, Bea. How are you?
賴瑞:我會試試看。謝謝你,碧。你最近怎麼樣?
Bea: I’m good! Busy with work and friends. Let me know if you want coffee later.
碧:我很好!忙著工作和見朋友。如果你想喝咖啡,隨時告訴我。
be busy with something忙於某事be busy doing something忙於做某事keep oneself busy讓某人忙碌
Larry: Okay, thanks!
賴瑞:好的,謝謝!