
離開城市透透氣
Maddie and Richard are talking about their long weekend.
麥蒂和理查正在討論他們的連假。
Maddie: Richard, how was your long weekend?
麥蒂:理查,你的連假過得如何?
Richard: Terrific! I slept through all of it.
理查:很讚!我都在狂睡。
terrific(adj.)棒極了=awesomesleep-slept-slept(v., n.)睡覺through通過
Maddie: Really?! Didn’t you go out? The weather was charming.
麥蒂:真的嗎?你沒有出去走走?天氣很好的說。
go out出去weather(n.)天氣charming(adj.)迷人的、Prince Charming白馬王子
Richard: No, I stayed at home for four days.
理查:沒有,我連續四天都待在家裡。
stay at home待在家
Maddie: Well, somebody finally got enough sleep.
麥蒂:好吧,至少你有睡飽。
get enough sleep睡夠覺、get-got-got or gotten
Richard: What about you?
理查:你呢?
what about+n.那…怎麼樣呢
Maddie: My family went on a road trip along the northern coast.
麥蒂:我們家去北海岸兜風。
go-went-gone(v.)去road trip公路旅行、兜兜風along沿著northern coast北海岸、northern(adj.)北邊的
Richard: That sounds nice!
理查:那很棒!
sound(v.)聽起來+adj.
Maddie: Yeah, we just wanted to get away from the city.
麥蒂:沒錯,我們想說離開大城市,去透透氣。
get away from從哪離開、遠離city(n.)城市、country(n.)鄉下
Richard: It’s good to get close to nature once in a while.
理查:偶爾接近大自然也滿不錯的。
get close to接近nature(n.)大自然once in a while偶爾