
最好的座位在哪?
Kevin is talking to his colleague Alice during their lunch break.
凱文正在午休時間與同事愛麗絲交談。
Kevin: Alice, I have a flight to New York next month. I’m so nervous! I can never sleep on planes.
凱文:愛麗絲,我下個月要飛紐約。我好緊張!我在飛機上從來都睡不著。
flight(n.)航班、航程catch a flight趕飛機/miss a flight錯過航班international flight國際航班domestic flight國內航班long-haul flight長途航班
Alice: Don’t worry, Kevin! I just read some tips from a flight attendant. Choosing the right seat is the secret.
愛麗絲:別擔心,凱文!我剛看到空服員分享的一些小撇步。選對位子就是秘訣。
tip(n.)訣竅、小撇步seat(n.)座位seat belt安全帶/seat cushion座墊
Kevin: Really? I usually choose the emergency exit row for more legroom.
凱文:真的嗎?我通常為了比較大的腿部空間,都會選緊急出口排。
legroom(n.)腿部空間make room for…為~騰出空間
Alice: That’s a mistake if you want to sleep! Those seats are often cold and near the toilets. People walk past you all the time.
愛麗絲:如果你想睡覺,那就選錯了!那些位子通常比較冷,而且靠近廁所,一直會有人從你旁邊走過。
mistake(n.)錯誤learn from a mistake從錯誤中學習honest mistake無心之失
Kevin: Oh! I didn’t know that. So where is the best place to sit?
凱文:喔!我都不知道。那哪裡才是最好的位子?
Alice: Try to sit over the wings. It is the most stable part of the plane, so you won’t feel much shaking.
愛麗絲:試著坐在機翼上方。那是飛機最穩的地方,所以你不會感覺到太多晃動。
wing(n.)機翼stable(adj.)穩定的、牢固的emotionally stable情緒穩定stable condition穩定的狀態
Kevin: That sounds great. Any other good spots?
凱文:聽起來很棒。還有其他推薦的地方嗎?
spot(n.)地點popular spot熱門地點scenic spot風景優美的地方a perfect spot for…適合~的地方
Alice: The flight attendant recommended the first five rows or the last five rows of economy class.
愛麗絲:空服員推薦經濟艙的前五排或後五排。
recommend(v.)推薦+N./V-ing/that 子句highly recommend強烈推薦
Kevin: Why the first five rows?
凱文:為什麼是前五排?
Alice: Because they are far from the noisy kitchen and toilets. Also, you get your food first and can get off the plane quickly!
愛麗絲:因為那裡遠離吵雜的廚房和廁所。而且,你可以先拿到餐點,還能快速下飛機!
far from遠離、離~很遠board/get on a plane登機
Kevin: What a great tip! I’ll check the seat map now.
凱文:太有用的建議了!我現在就去查看座位圖。
Alice: One last thing — don’t forget your earplugs and an eye mask. They are lifesavers when people start snoring!
愛麗絲:最後一件事——別忘了帶耳塞和眼罩。當有人開始打呼時,它們就是你的救星!
lifesaver(n.)救命者、救生圈、幫了大忙的人或物snore(v.)打鼾
Kevin: Thanks, Alice! Now I can finally dream about my vacation instead of feeling tired.
凱文:謝謝妳,愛麗絲!現在我終於能做關於假期的美夢,而不是感到很累了。
instead of代替、而不是