
讓自己每天更進步!
Emma is a high school student. She is talking to Mr. Lee, her homeroom teacher.
艾瑪是高中生。她正在跟她的導師李老師講話。
Emma: Hi, Mr. Lee. Do you have a minute?
艾瑪: 嗨李老師。您現在方便嗎?
Mr. Lee: Sure, Emma. What’s up?
李老師: 當然可以,艾瑪。怎麼了?
Emma: I’ve been thinking… I want to do more this year. Not just school stuff.
艾瑪:我最近在想……我今年想做更多事,不只是學校的功課而已。
have/has been V-ing現在完成進行式stuff(n.)事務、東西
Mr. Lee: That’s great to hear. Are you thinking about setting some personal goals?
李老師: 很好啊。你是想設定一些個人目標嗎?
think about想起、考慮consider(v.)考慮
Emma: Yeah, but I’m not really sure where to start.
艾瑪: 對啊,但我不知道從哪裡開始。
Mr. Lee: No worries. A good first step is to ask yourself: What do I want to improve or try?
李老師: 沒關係。第一步可以問問自己:我想改進什麼,或者我想嘗試什麼?
step(n.)步驟、階段step by step一步一步地improve(v.)進步
Emma: Hmm… I want to be more organized. I always lose my homework.
艾瑪: 嗯……我想變得更有條理。我常常弄丟作業。
organized(adj.)有組織的、有條理的
Mr. Lee: That’s a clear goal. Maybe you can start by using a planner or setting reminders on your phone.
李老師: 這就是一個很明確的目標。你可以試著用行事曆,或在手機上設定提醒。
clear(adj.)明確的、清楚的reminder(n.)提醒remind(v.)提醒、使想起
Emma: True. And I also want to read more. I always say I will, but then I scroll on my phone instead.
艾瑪: 對。而且我也想多讀書。我常說要讀,但最後都在滑手機。
instead(adv.)取而代之、反而instead of…而不是~
Mr. Lee: That happens to a lot of us! Try something simple, like reading 10 pages before bed.
李老師: 很多人都有這種情況!你可以從簡單的做起,比如睡前讀十頁。
happen to sb.發生在某人身上happen with與某事物有關的情況
Emma: That actually sounds doable. I like that.
艾瑪: 這聽起來真的可以做到耶,我喜歡這個方法。
doable(n.)可行的、可以做得到的
Mr. Lee: Remember, goals should be small, clear, and something you can check.
李老師: 記住,目標要小、明確,而且可以追蹤進度。
keep track of…追蹤~
Emma: So… not “be better at life”?
艾瑪: 所以……「變得更會過人生」這種不算嗎?
Mr. Lee: Maybe not that one just yet.
李老師: 那個可能要再等等喔。
just yet現在還不到時候
Emma: Thanks, Mr. Lee. I feel less stuck now.
艾瑪:謝謝您,李老師。我覺得沒那麼迷惘了。
feel stuck感覺被卡住、無法前進
Mr. Lee: Anytime, Emma. You’ve already taken the first step by asking.
李老師: 隨時歡迎你再跟我聊,艾瑪。你已經踏出第一步了,來問就很棒了。
take the first step踏出第一步