
加鹽的溫水
Jason and Ashley are roommates. Jason is not looking good.
傑森和艾希莉是室友。傑森看起來不太好。
look good氣色很好
Ashley: Jason! You look so weak now.
艾希莉:傑森!你看起來很虛弱。
weak(adj.)虛弱的
Jason: I think I am having heatstroke. The room temperature is on the rise. Could you bring me some ice cubes?
傑森:我想我快中暑了。室內溫度一直在上升。你能給我一些冰塊嗎?
room temperature室溫be on the rise=be going up=increase增加ice cube冰塊
Ashley: You want to cool your body down by eating ice cubes? That’s not going to work. Your stomach won’t be able to take it.
艾希莉:你想靠吃冰塊來冷卻身體嗎?不會有用的,而且你的腸胃會受不了。
cool down降溫stomach(n.)腸胃be able to do sth.能夠take(v.)接受、應付
Jason: What should I do then?
傑森:那我該怎麼辦?
Ashley: I’ll bring you a glass of warm water with some salt in it.
艾希莉:我給你倒一杯加鹽的溫水。
bring sb. sth.帶東西給某人、bring sth. to sb.salt(n.)鹽巴
Jason: This is so horrible. Do you have any tips to prevent heatstroke?
傑森:這感覺太可怕了。你有什麼預防中暑的建議嗎?
horrible(adj.)糟糕的
Ashley: Well, you should eat fruits like melons, bananas, and grapes.
艾希莉:嗯,你應該吃瓜類、香蕉和葡萄這些水果。
melon(n.)瓜類grape葡萄
Jason: What about mangoes?
傑森:芒果呢?
Ashley: You should avoid eating those since they will probably make you feel worse on hot days like this.
艾希莉:避免吃芒果,因為在這麼炎熱的天氣,芒果可能只會讓你感覺更糟。
avoid+Ving避免since=because因為
Jason: Got it, thanks.
傑森:知道了,謝謝。