
升級你的職涯!
Anna is a tech worker in Hsinchu. She talks to her colleague Ben about preparing her resume and getting ready for a job interview.
安娜在新竹做科技相關工作。她和同事班聊如何準備履歷和面試。
high-tech(adj.)高科技的
Anna: Hey Ben, I have an interview at a tech company next week. I’m kind of nervous.
安娜:嘿,班,我下週要去一家科技公司面試,有點緊張。
kind of有點、某種程度上
Ben: Don’t worry. Did you update your resume recently?
班:別擔心。你最近有更新履歷嗎?
update(v.)(n.)更新software update軟體更新recently(adv.)最近=these days
Anna: Not really… I just wrote my work history.
安娜:沒有啦⋯⋯我只寫了工作經歷而已。
Ben: You should add your projects and tech skills. Like, “Built a testing tool in Python” or “Improved server speed by 20%.”
班:你可以加專案跟技術技能。例如:「用Python做了一個測試工具」或「提升伺服器效能20%」。
skill(n.)技能、技巧improve(v.)改善、提升speed(n.)速度
Anna: Oh, that makes sense. And for the interview?
安娜:喔,這樣啊。那面試要怎麼準備呢?
make sense有道理、說得通
Ben: Just be ready to talk about your projects. Also, know what the company makes.
班:就準備好介紹你的專案就行了,也要了解公司在做什麼產品。
product(n.)產品
Anna: Should I ask them questions too?
安娜:我也要問他們問題嗎?
Ben: Yeah, it shows interest. You can ask, “Which languages do you use?” or “How is the team organized?”
班:可以啊,可以表現出你有興趣的感覺。你可以問:「這個專案用什麼程式語言?」或「團隊怎麼分工?」
sb. has interest in sth.某人對某事有興趣organize(v.)安排、組織
Anna: Cool! I’ll update my resume and practice talking about my projects.
安娜:好的!我會更新履歷,也練習介紹我的專案。
practice V-ing/N.練習做某事practice makes perfect熟能生巧