
填上數字一到九
Hannah is playing sudoku. Peter is talking to her.
漢娜在玩數獨。彼得在跟她說話。
Peter: Are you playing sudoku again?
彼得:你又再玩數獨了嗎?
again又再
Hannah: Yeah, it’s perfect for killing time.
漢娜:對啊,數獨很適合消磨時間。
be perfect for doing sth.很適合kill time消磨時間、打發時間
Peter: I’ve never figured out how to play it.
彼得:我一直都不知道要怎麼玩。
figure out明白、理解、I can′t figure out why he acts like that.我不明白為什麼他變得這樣、I can′t figure my girlfriend at all.我真是一點也不懂我女友
Hannah: Do you want to try? I can teach you.
漢娜:要不要試試看?我可以教你。
teach(v.)教導
Peter: Stop showing off! I know that you are good at math.
彼得:別炫耀了!我知道你很擅長數學。
show off炫耀be good at sth.擅長
Hannah: It has nothing to do with math. It has more to do with logic.
漢娜:這與數學無關,跟你的邏輯更有關係。
logic(n.)邏輯
Peter: Oh? Really?
彼得:哦?真的嗎?
Hannah: Yeah. Each row and grid must be filled out with 1 to 9, but you can’t repeat the numbers.
漢娜:沒錯。每行和每個大格必須填上數字一到九,但是不能重複數字。
each每個row(n.)排、列、a row of houses一排房子、in the back row在後排grid(n.)格子fill out填滿、填上、被動repeat(v.)重複
Peter: So, I can’t write the same number in the same row or in the same grid.
彼得:所以我不能在同一行或同一大格中寫上一樣的數字。
Hannah: Now you get it! It’s simpler than you thought.
漢娜:就是這樣!比你想像的簡單多了吧。
get it明白了simple(adj.)簡單、比較級