
符合內在的渴望
Ken and Al are colleagues. They are chatting.
肯和艾爾是同事。他們在聊天。
Ken: Hey! Why the long face?
肯:嘿!為什麼一臉憂愁?
long face哭喪著臉
Al: I have a tough decision to make. The manager wants me to take on a big project, but I’m just not sure what to do.
艾爾:我要做出一個艱難的決定。經理要我接一個大專案,但我一點頭緒也沒有。
tough(adj.)艱困的、堅強的manager(n.)經理take on接受、負責
Ken: Do you want some advice?
肯:需要一些建議嗎?
advice(n.)建議
Al: Please. More than welcome.
艾爾:拜託。我超需要。
Ken: Whenever I make a decision, I’ll start thinking about “3 Fits.”
肯:每當我要做決定時,我都會先考慮三個「合不合適」。
whenever每當
Al: Go on.
艾爾:請繼續。
go on繼續
Ken: First, you need to think if it fits your objective conditions. Second, you need to think if it fits your position now.
肯:首先,要考慮是否符合客觀條件?再來,要考慮現在是否適合你現在的位子。
fit(v.)合適、合身objective(adj.)客觀的condition(n.)狀況、狀態position(n.)地位、位置
Al: And the last one?
艾爾:最後一個呢?
Ken: You need to think about if it fits your desire. Do you really want to do it?
肯:你要考慮是否符合你的內在渴望。就是你真心想做嗎?
desire(n.)渴望
Al: Alright. Thanks for the talk, man. I think I know what to do.
艾爾:好。謝謝你,老兄。我想我知道該怎麼辦了。
talk(n.)這段談話