
不要搶鋒頭
Jeremy and Daisy are colleagues. They are having lunch.
傑瑞米和黛西是同事。他們正在吃午飯。
Jeremy: Are you alright? You look like you have a lot on your plate.
傑瑞米:你還好嗎? 你看起來好像事情很多。
have a lot on your plate事情很多
Daisy: Just a bit nervous.
黛西:只是有點緊張。
Jeremy: For the meeting this afternoon?
傑瑞米:今天下午的會議嗎?
Daisy: No, it’s not that. I’m invited to my boyfriend’s family reunion tomorrow.
黛西:不是啦。我明天被邀請參加我男友的家庭聚會。
invite(v.)邀請family reunion家庭聚餐
Jeremy: And you want to leave an impression. In a good way, of course.
傑瑞米:所以你想要被記住。當然,是留下好印象。
Daisy: Do you have any advice for me?
黛西:有什麼建議嗎?
advice(n.)建議、advise(v.)
Jeremy: You came to the right guy. First of all, take part in conversations actively. Try to both share and listen. Don’t be a wallflower.
傑瑞米:你找對人了。首先,積極參與跟其他人的對話。試著好好分享和仔細傾聽。不要當壁花就是了。
take part in=participate in參加conversation(n.)對話actively(adv.)活躍地、主動地share(v.)分享wallflower壁花
Daisy: That won’t be a problem.
黛西:沒問題。
Jeremy: You might want to stand out a little, but don’t steal the thunder. So, prepare some jokes.
傑瑞米:你可能想要脫穎而出,但注意不要搶了鋒頭。我會覺得可以準備一些笑話。
stand out顯眼、突出steal the thunder搶鋒頭、竊取點子prepare(v.)準備joke(n.)笑話
Daisy: Thank you. I think I’ll be alright.
黛西:謝謝你。我想我應該會沒事的。