
職場貴人經營術
Positive relationships with your colleagues can make the work environment more pleasant.
良好的職場人際關係有助於打造友善的工作環境。
positive(adj.)正面的;良好的negative(adj.)負面的pleasant(adj.)令人愉快的;親切友好的;宜人的
Developing friendly relationships with coworkers can make your work more rewarding and less stressful.
和同事建立友好關係能讓你在工作上更有成就感,也可減少壓力。
rewarding(adj.)值得做的、有意義的fulfilling(adj.)令人愉快滿足的stressful(adj.)緊張的;有壓力的
Healthy interpersonal work relationships contribute to greater satisfaction with your job and your career.
健康的職場人際關係也能提升工作和職涯的滿意度。
contribute to~促成;造就=bring about~=result in~
The following are some ways to improve your relationships at work:
以下是一些改善職場人際關係的方法:
tip(n.)訣竅;秘訣
Communicate openly
開放式溝通
When you and your colleagues are communicating with each other, you want to be fully present.
當你和同事在溝通的時候,一定要全神貫注。
present(adj.)在場的;出席的;現在的;目前的
In other words, it is important that you listen to what your coworker is saying in the present moment, rather than interrupting to give your own opinions or making assumptions about what they mean.
換句話說,當下一定要仔細聆聽同事所說的話,而不是打斷對方發表自己的意見,或妄自揣測對方的想法。
in other words換句話說;換言之=namely=that is (to say)rather than~而不是=instead of~interrupt (v.)打斷(其他人說話)、中斷=break in~=cut in~assumption(n.)假定、假設、臆斷make assumptions猜測;妄自揣測
It is also crucial to remain nonjudgmental when talking to your colleagues.
和同事溝通時,不加以批判也是很重要的。
crucial(adj.)重要的=vital=importantnonjudgmental(adj.)不作評斷的;不加批判的
This will create an environment where employees are encouraged to talk to each other about any issues that come up so that the problems can be addressed quickly and efficiently.
這麼做能創造出一個鼓勵員工針對任何發生的問題溝通的環境,如此一來問題就能被快速且有效率地解決。
so that…如此一來就…=in order that…address(v.)處理;應付=deal with=handleefficiently(adv.)有效率地
Keep your commitments
答應的事就一定要做到
commitment(n.)承諾、保證、諾言=promisekeep your commitments信守承諾
In an organization, work is interconnected. If you fail to meet deadlines and commitments, the work of your colleagues will be affected.
在一個組織裡,工作是環環相扣的。如果你無法在截止期限前完成工作,或無法履行承諾,同事的工作勢必會受到影響。
interconnected(adj.)緊密相連的meet a deadline在截止期限前完成工作affect(v.)影響
Always keep your commitments, and if you can’t, make sure all affected coworkers know what is going on.
答應的事情就一定要做到,如果無法做到,務必告知所有被影響的同事發生了什麼事。
make sure (that)…一定要…
Share credit for accomplishments
與同事分享功勞
credit(n.)功勞take all (the) credit居功;把一切全歸功於自己accomplishment(n.)成就=achievement
This is a surefire approach to building good work relationships.
這是建立良好職場關係的不二法門。
surefire(adj.)肯定會成功的
Take the time to recognize and show appreciation for the contributions of the people who have helped you succeed.
花點力氣肯定並感謝那些曾經幫助你成功的人的貢獻。
take the time to RV花費力氣做…=make the effort to RVshow appreciation for~表達對…感激=express gratitude for~contribution(n.)貢獻
This will ensure that you can always receive the help you need from your colleagues when you encounter problems at work.
這將確保你在工作上遇到問題時,一定會有人願意幫助你。
ensure that…確保encounter(v.)遭遇到=come across