
如何處理蚊蟲叮咬
Leo and Gina are hiking in Elephant Mountain. Leo just got bitten all over by mosquitoes.
利奧和吉娜在象山健行。利奧剛剛被蚊子叮了一身包。
all over遍身
Leo: These mosquitoes are driving me crazy! I heard somewhere that they’re more likely to bite meat-eaters.
利奧:這些蚊子快把我給逼瘋了!我聽說吃肉更容易被蚊子叮。
drive sb. crazy使某人發瘋be likely to RV可能做某事meat-eater(n.)葷食者vegetarian(n.)素食者
Gina: Actually, that’s just a myth.
吉娜:老實說,那只是個迷思。
myth(n.)迷思
Leo: Really? Then what could be attracting them to me so much?
利奧:真的嗎?那我身上是有什麼能如此吸引牠們?
attract(v.)吸引attractive(adj.)有吸引力的、迷人的、有魅力的
Gina: Well, mosquitoes are attracted to different things, like dark clothing, perfume, body temperature, carbon dioxide and body odor. It has nothing to do with whether you are a vegetarian or not.
吉娜:嗯,蚊子會被不同的東西吸引,比如深色衣物、香水、體溫、二氧化碳和體味等。跟你是不是吃素沒有關係。
odor(n.)(難聞的)氣味、臭味deodorant(n.)除味(臭)劑have nothing to do with…跟~無關have (something) to do with…跟~有關
Leo: I had no idea! Is there any way to keep them away?
利奧:我之前都不知道呢!有什麼方法可以把牠們趕走?
Gina: Yeah, wearing long sleeves and pants can help, as well as using mosquito repellent.
吉娜:有,穿長袖和長褲會有幫助,也可以使用防蚊液。
repellent(n.)驅蟲劑repel(v.)抵禦、反抗、驅逐
Leo: And what about if I do get bitten? I’m already itching like crazy.
利奧:如果我已經被叮了怎麼辦?我現在癢得快發瘋了。
itch(n.)癢;(v.)發癢itch to do sth.=itch for sth.急切地想做某事
Gina: You could try using some Green Oil or Tiger Balm to stop the itch. But if it gets really red and swollen, you might need to take medicine.
吉娜:你可以試試看塗上一點綠油精或萬金油來止癢。但如果它真的變得又紅又腫,那你可能就需要吃藥了。
swell(v.)(swell-swelled-swollen)腫、腫脹swollen(adj.)腫大的
Leo: Okay, got it. Maybe next time I’ll bring a mosquito net with me.
利奧:好的,知道了。或許下次我會帶上蚊帳。
Gina: Haha, don’t forget to wear long sleeves and pants too!
吉娜:哈哈,也別忘了穿長袖和長褲啊!
don’t forget to RV別忘了做某事