
戴著泳鏡進廚房?
Terry and James are roommates. Terry heard James crying in the kitchen.
泰瑞和詹姆斯是室友。泰瑞聽到詹姆斯在廚房裡哭。
hear(v.)聽見+RV or Ving
Terry: James? You okay in there?
泰瑞:詹姆斯?你還好嗎?
James: Yeah… Why?
詹姆斯:還好...怎麼了?
Terry: I heard you crying. What’s with the swimming goggles?
泰瑞:我聽到你在哭。怎麼戴著泳鏡?
swimming goggles泳鏡
James: I’m chopping up onions, but I’m still crying.
詹姆斯:我正在切洋蔥,但我還是哭了。
chop up切碎
Terry: Haha! You don’t need to go through all that trouble.
泰瑞:哈哈!不用那麼麻煩啦。
go through歷經trouble(n.)麻煩
James: You got any tips to cut onions without crying?
詹姆斯:你有沒有切洋蔥不哭的訣竅?
tip(n.)小撇步、訣竅
Terry: Yeah. Next time you should just put the onions into the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes first.
泰瑞:有啊。下次你應該先將洋蔥放到冰箱裡冰5到10分鐘。
fridge(n.)冰箱
James: It’s that easy?
詹姆斯:就這樣?
Terry: Yeah. The other way is that you cut off the top and the bottom of the onions, then soak them in hot water. That’ll help, too.
泰瑞:沒錯。另一種方法是先切掉洋蔥的頭尾,然後泡入熱水裡,也會有幫助。
cut off切除top頂端、bottom底部soak(v.)浸泡
James: I’ll keep that in mind.
詹姆斯:下次我會記得的。
keep in mind記住