
家族遺傳
Roger and Renee are classmates. They’re in the library now.
羅傑和芮妮是同學,他們現在正在圖書館。
classmate(n.)同班同學library(n.)圖書館now(adv.)現在
Renee: Hey, Roger. Could you help me with that book at the top? I’m too short to get it.
芮妮:嘿,羅傑,你能幫我拿上面那本書嗎?我太矮了拿不到。
could(aux.)可以、能help(v.)幫忙、幫助top(n.)頂部、頂端too…to…太…而不能…short(adj.)矮的、短的get(v.)拿來
Roger: Of course. The thick, blue one, right?
羅傑:當然;這本厚的藍色的,對嗎?
of course當然thick(adj.)厚的、粗的right(adj.)對的、正確的
Renee: Yup! Thanks a lot! I wish I could be taller.
芮妮:是的,謝啦!我真希望我能高一點。
yup(adv.)是的、對thanks(excl.)謝謝a lot非常、經常wish(v.)希望、但願
Roger: Haha! How tall are you?
羅傑:哈哈!妳多高呢?
Renee: I’m only 155 centimeters tall. What about you? You’re so tall.
芮妮:我只有155公分高;你呢?你好高哦!
only(adv.)只是、僅僅centimeter(n.)公分so(adv.)非常、很
Roger: I’m 185 centimeters tall – 30 centimeters taller than you!
羅傑:我185公分高——比你高30公分。
than(prep.)比
Renee: My whole family is short. I’m green with envy when I see somebody tall.
芮妮:我全家人都很矮。當我看到高的人我都非常羨慕。
whole(adj.)全部的、整個的family(n.)家、家庭、家人be green with envy十分嫉妒、眼紅when(conj.)當…時somebody(pron.)某人
Roger: Don’t be. There must be something in you that other people wish to have.
羅傑:不用羨慕啊,妳一定有某些東西是其他人想要的。
must(aux.)想必、一定something(pron.)某事物other(det.)其他、別的people(n.)人們
Renee: Wow, you’re so nice!
芮妮:哇,你人真好!
wow(excl.)哇、呀nice(adj.)好心的、友善的