
滋生真菌的襪子
Vicky and Alan are siblings. They are doing the laundry.
薇琪和艾倫是姐弟,他們正在洗衣服。
sibling(n.)手足laundry(n.)待洗(或正在洗滌、洗完)的衣物
Vicky: Do you know how often we should wash our clothes like jeans and pajamas?
薇琪:你知道我們應該多常洗我們的衣服嗎,比如牛仔褲和睡衣?
Alan: Not really, but I always shower before putting on my pajamas.
艾倫:不確定耶,但我每次穿睡衣前都會洗澡。
shower(n.)(v.)淋浴、澆灌
Vicky: If that’s the case, you can wear your pajamas for up to a week before washing them.
薇琪:如果是這樣,你的睡衣可以穿到一個禮拜再洗。
case(n.)具體情況、實例、案子、盒子up to接近於、至多
Alan: What about jeans? Should I wash them often?
艾倫:那牛仔褲呢?應該常常洗嗎?
Vicky: Only if they are dirty, sweaty or smelly. If not, you can wear them a few times before washing.
薇琪:如果有髒污、汗水或異味才要洗,如果沒有的話,你可以穿個幾次再洗。
sweat(n.)汗水(v.)流汗sweaty(adj.)流汗的、出汗的smell(n.)氣味(v.)聞、發出…氣味smelly(adj.)難聞的、臭的
Alan: Okay. What about tights and sportswear?
艾倫:好的,那緊身褲和運動服呢?
tight(adj.)緊的、小的、牢固的tights(n.)緊身褲sportswear(n.)運動服裝
Vicky: Those should be washed after each wear. Our sweat can make bacteria grow, which can cause skin problems.
薇琪:那些每次穿完後都應該清洗。我們的汗水很容易滋生細菌,可能會導致皮膚問題。
bacteria(n.)細菌、菌
Alan: I see. And what about socks? Can I wear them twice before washing?
艾倫:我明白了。那襪子呢?可以穿兩次再洗嗎?
Vicky: It’s better to wash them after each wear because fungus can grow in the warm and humid environment inside shoes.
薇琪:最好每穿一次就要洗,因為鞋子裡溫暖潮濕的環境容易使真菌滋生。
fungus(n.)真菌humid(adj.)潮濕的environment(n.)環境、周圍狀況
Alan: Whoops! I think I’d better wash my socks now.
艾倫:糟糕!我想我最好現在就洗襪子。
had better最好