
沒3萬別叫我戒!
Charles and Wendy are having lunch.
查爾斯跟溫蒂在吃午餐。
lunch(n.)午餐
Charles: Come on. Put down your smartphone.
查爾斯:拜託,放下你的智慧型手機。
put down放下smartphone(n.)智慧型手機
Wendy: Okay. Don’t yell at me.
溫蒂:好啦,不要對我大叫。
yell(v.)大叫
Charles: What were you doing?
查爾斯:你剛剛在做什麼啊?
Wendy: I’m checking my Facebook account.
溫蒂:我在看我的臉書頁面。
check(v.)查看account(n.)帳戶
Charles: How often do you use it? I think you are controlled by it.
查爾斯:你多久用一次臉書?我覺得你被臉書控制了。
often(adv.)經常use(v.)使用think(v.)覺得control(v.)控制
Wendy: I just like to feel connected to all the new stuff.
溫蒂:我只是喜歡馬上知道新的東西。
feel(v.)感覺connected(adj.)連結的new(adj.)新的stuff(n.)東西
Charles: A website has done a survey to ask people how much money can make them quit Facebook. The result is about 30,000 NT per year.
查爾斯:有個網站做了一份調查,詢問大家要多少錢才願意戒掉臉書,結果大約是一年3萬台幣。
website(n.)網站survey(n.)調查ask(v.)詢問money(n.)金錢quit(v.)戒除result(n.)結果
Wendy: That’s a great deal. Would you pay me?
溫蒂:很划算耶,你會付錢給我嗎?
deal(n.)交易pay(v.)付錢
Charles: Not a chance.
查爾斯:想都別想。
chance(n.)機會