
回台灣探親的叔叔
Phil’s uncle is visiting his family in Taiwan. He has never met him in person before.
菲爾的叔叔回台灣探親。他已經從來沒見過他。
in person本人親自
Uncle: Hello Phil! So handsome! I’ve only seen you in pictures.
叔叔:嘿,菲爾!真是帥哥!我只有在照片上看過你。
picture(n.)照片
Phil: Hi Uncle Andy! Finally! I’ve heard so much about you.
菲爾:嘿,安迪叔叔。久聞大名。
Uncle: Me too.
叔叔:我也是。
Phil: How long have you been living in Italy?
菲爾:你住在義大利多久了啊?
Uncle: I moved right before you were born. So, I’ve been living there for almost 20 years.
叔叔:就在你出生前去的。所以,我已經住在義大利快20年了。
be born出生almost(adv.)幾乎=nearly
Phil: I see! Do you speak Italian?
菲爾:原來!你會說義大利文嗎?
Uncle: Yes, fluently. I’ve been learning the language for 25 years now. I majored in Italian in college.
叔叔:會啊,很流利。我已經學了25年了,以前大學主修就是義大利文。
fluently(adv.)流利地、fluent(adj.)major(v., n.)主修
Phil: That’s so cool! I’ve always wanted to go there!
菲爾:好酷!我一直都很想去義大利。
Uncle: You should come visit me in the summer! Try real Italian food and gelato! I’ll take time out to show you around.
叔叔:你夏天應該來拜訪我!吃真正的義大利食物跟冰淇淋。我會抽點時間帶你晃晃。
gelato(n.)義式冰淇淋take time out抽空show sb. around帶某人逛逛
Phil: No kidding?! I’m so excited!
菲爾:真的嗎!我好興奮!
excited(adj.)感到興奮的