
你真慷慨!
Colin and Clara are brother and sister.
科林和克萊拉是兄妹。
Colin: Here’s a letter from the mailbox. It’s not mine, so it must be yours.
科林:信箱有一封信,不是我的,一定是給你的。
mine(pron.)我的、屬於我的=my letteryours(pron.)你的、屬於你的=your letter
Clara: Thanks! By the way, I know you want this book, right? I don’t need it anymore. You can have it.
克萊拉:謝啦!對了,我知道你想要這本書,對嗎?我不需要它了,你可以拿去。
not anymore不再
Colin: Great! Since you gave me your book, I’m going to give you this bottle of perfume. It’s yours now.
科林:太好了!既然你送我書,那我就送你這瓶香水,它是你的了。
since(conj.)因為、既然=because, asgive-gave-givengive sb. sth. = give sth. to sb.be going to 未來式(將會…)bottle(n.)瓶子perfume(n.)香水
Clara: Wow! That’s so generous of you!
克萊拉:哇,你好慷慨哦!
Colin: My girlfriend and I are going to a friend’s party tonight, but she doesn’t have a nice bag. Can she borrow yours?
科林:今晚我和我女友要去朋友的派對,但她沒有好看的包包,能請你借她一個嗎?
be V-ing 未來式(將要…)borrow(v.)借、借入
Clara: Certainly! She can pick any one she likes.
克萊拉:當然囉!她可以挑選她喜歡的。
certainly(adv.)當然=of course, surepick(v.)挑選、選擇=choose
Colin: Thank you on her behalf. Hmm, let’s see… this brown one here looks gorgeous. I think she’ll like it.
科林:我代她謝謝你囉!嗯,我看看哦……這個咖啡色的看起來很美,我覺得她會喜歡的。
on one’s behalf代表某人=in the name ofgorgeous(adj.)非常美麗的will V. 未來式(將會…)
Clara: You’re more than welcome to take it.
克萊拉:沒問題,你儘管拿去吧!
be welcome to do sth.完全可以做某事