
騎機車比搭捷運快
Isaac and Iris are new coworkers. They’re having lunch together.
艾薩克漢艾莉絲是新同事,他們正在一起吃午餐。
new(adj.)新的coworker(n.)同事have(v.)吃together(adv.)一起、在一起
Isaac: How’s your work?
艾薩克:妳的工作如何呢?
Iris: It’s going well, and other coworkers are friendly, too. How about you?
艾莉絲:還滿順利的,而且其他同事也很友善。你呢?
go(v.)進展、進行、發生well(adv.)很好地、令人滿意地other(det.)其他、別的friendly(adj.)友善的
Isaac: Haha, it’s a little bit challenging for me, but I like it! How do you usually go to work?
艾薩克:哈哈,他對我來說有點挑戰性,但我喜歡!妳通常怎麼來上班呢?
a little bit稍微、有一點challenging(adj.)有難度的、具有挑戰性的usually(adv.)通常、經常
Iris: Sometimes I walk to work, and sometimes I cycle. My house is only a few blocks away from our company.
艾莉絲:有時候我走路上班,有時候騎腳踏車。我家只距離公司幾個街區而已。
sometimes(adv.)有時候、偶爾walk(v.)走路cycle(v.)騎腳踏車house(n.)房屋、住宅only(adv.)只是、僅僅block(n.)街區away(adv.)距…遠company(n.)公司
Isaac: Sounds nice. I love walking, too. I live farther away though, so I ride my scooter to work.
艾薩克:聽起來很棒,我也很愛走路;但我住得比較遠,所以我騎機車上班。
sound(v.)聽起來live(v.)住、居住far(adv.)遠地though(adv.)但是、儘管so(conj.)所以、因此ride(v.)騎scooter(n.)輕型機車
Iris: Why don’t you take the MRT?
艾莉絲:你怎麼不搭捷運呢?
take(v.)搭乘MRT=mass rapid transit大眾捷運系統
Isaac: It’s quicker to ride a scooter than take the MRT.
艾薩克:騎機車把搭捷運更快。
quick(adj.)快的than(prep.)比
Iris: The road gets really busy in the city. Please be careful when you’re riding.
艾莉絲:市區馬路車輛很多,騎車時候請小心哦!
road(n.)馬路get(v.)變得、變成really(adv.)非常、很busy(adj.)忙碌的careful(adj.)小心的、謹慎的when(conj.)當…時
Isaac: Don’t worry. I always am!
艾薩克:別擔心,我一直都很小心。
worry(v.)擔心、憂慮always(adv.)總是、一直