
家人與朋友
Maggie and Eddie are friends.
瑪姬跟艾迪是朋友。
friend(n.)朋友
Maggie: Hi, Eddie. Long time no see. I have something for you.
瑪姬:嗨,艾迪。好久不見。我有東西給你。
something(pron.)某個東西
Eddie: Wow, it’s a gift. Thank you. But why?
艾迪:哇,是禮物,謝謝你。但為什麼給我禮物?
gift(n.)禮物thank(v.)感謝
Maggie: I remembered that your birthday is next week.
瑪姬:我記得你的生日是下週。
remember(v.)記得birthday(n.)生日next(adj.)下一個的week(n.)週
Eddie: Oh, right. You’re such a sweetheart.
艾迪:喔對,你真好。
sweetheart(n.)甜心、友善慷慨的人
Maggie: How do you celebrate your birthday?
瑪姬:你會怎麼慶祝生日?
celebrate(v.)慶祝birthday(n.)生日
Eddie: I always go to a nice restaurant with my family.
艾迪:我都會跟家人去好的餐廳吃飯。
always(adv.)總是go(v.)去nice(adj.)好的restaurant(n.)餐廳family(n.)家人
Maggie: Great. Will you hold a birthday party?
瑪姬:很棒耶,你會辦生日派對嗎?
hold(v.)舉辦birthday(n.)生日party(n.)派對
Eddie: I really want to have a party, but I’m too busy.
艾迪:我很想辦,但我太忙了。
want(v.)想要party(n.)派對busy(adj.)忙碌的
Maggie: That’s fine. Having a nice dinner with family is good too.
瑪姬:沒關係,跟家人一起吃頓很好的晚餐也很棒。
nice(adj.)好的dinner(n.)晚餐family(n.)家人