
和朋友或家人一起度過重要的日子
Emily and Charlie are taking the MRT together.
艾蜜莉和查理一起搭捷運。
together(adv.)一起
Emily: Charlie, your birthday is coming up right?
艾蜜莉:查理,你生日快到了,對不對?
birthday(n.)生日come up要來了、快到了right(adj.)對的
Charlie: That’s right, it’s next week! I’m celebrating it with my family.
查理:對啊,就在下個禮拜,我要和家人們一起慶祝。
right(adj.)對的next(adj.)下個week(n.)週celebrate(v.)慶祝family(n.)家人
Emily: Sounds great. Do you have any plans?
艾蜜莉:聽起來很不錯,你們有什麼計畫呢?
sound(v.)聽起來plan(n.)計畫
Charlie: My family and I chose a really nice restaurant to go to.
查理: 我和家人們一起挑了一家很好的餐廳吃飯。
family(n.)家人choose(v.)選擇nice(adj.)好的restaurant(n.)餐廳
Emily: I’m so jealous. I haven’t celebrated my birthday in a long time.
艾蜜莉: 好羨慕喔,我好久沒有慶祝生日了。
jealous(adj.)嫉妒的celebrate(v.)慶祝birthday(n.)生日
Charlie: How come? Does your family not celebrate birthdays?
查理:怎麼會?你們家不過生日嗎?
how come=why為什麼family(n.)家人celebrate(v.)慶祝birthday(n.)生日
Emily: Of course we do, I just gave my mom a present last month to celebrate her birthday.
艾蜜莉:當然會啊,我上個月才送禮物給我媽媽,慶祝她的生日。
of course當然give(v.)給present(n.)禮物month(n.)月celebrate(v.)慶祝birthday(n.)生日
Charlie: Then how come your family doesn’t celebrate yours?
查理:那為何你們家沒有慶祝你的生日?
how come=why為什麼family(n.)家人celebrate(v.)慶祝
Emily: Because my birthday is on February 29th.
艾蜜莉:因為我的生日是2月29日。
birthday(n.)生日