
開車上路的考驗
Louis and Emma are friends. They are chatting.
路易斯和艾瑪是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Louis: Emma, you have a driver’s license, right?
路易斯:艾瑪,你有駕照,對吧?
Emma: Yes. Are you going to take driving lessons?
艾瑪:對啊。你要去上駕訓班了嗎?
Louis: Yes. Could you share your experience with me?
路易斯:沒錯。你可以和我分享你的經驗嗎?
share sth. with sb.與某人分享某事
Emma: Actually, getting a driver’s license isn’t difficult. Driving instructors will do their best to teach you.
艾瑪:其實拿到駕照並不難。駕駛教練會盡力教你的。
instructor(n.)教練driving instructor駕駛教練; swimming instructor游泳教練do one’s best盡力
Louis: Well, I’m afraid that I won’t pass the test.
路易斯:嗯,我怕我沒辦法通過考試。
pass(v.)通過(考試、課程)
Emma: You have to pass a written exam first, and then you can take the road test.
艾瑪:你必須先通過筆試,然後才可以考路考。
written exam筆試writing exam寫作考試road(n.)道路、馬路
Louis: I know. I will practice that exam, too. So, are you good at driving right now?
路易斯:我知道。我也會練習那個考試的。所以你現在很會開車了嗎?
be good at sth.擅長某事
Emma: To be honest, I still feel nervous whenever I’m behind the wheel.
艾瑪:老實說,我每次開車的時候還是很緊張。
honest(adj.)誠實的nervous(adj.)緊張的behind the wheel開車
Louis: But you passed the test!
路易斯:但你通過考試了耶!
Emma: Well, driving on the road is another matter.
艾瑪:嗯,開車上路又是另一回事了。
another matter另當別論、另一回事another thing, a different matter另一回事