
冷靜等待救援
Tom and Dan are roommates. Tom is going out.
湯姆和丹是室友。湯姆要外出。
Dan: Where are you going?
丹:你要去哪裡?
Tom: I’m going to sing karaoke.
湯姆:我要唱卡拉OK。
Dan: Really? Even after that fire accident at Cashbox Partyworld?
丹:真假!都發生那場錢櫃火警了欸?
fire accident火災意外
Tom: Don’t worry about me. I’ll pay attention to the fire alarm.
湯姆:不用擔心我,我會注意火警的。
worry about擔心pay attention to注意fire alarm火警
Dan: That’s not enough. What if the fire alarm doesn’t ring? You need to learn how to escape or survive during the fire.
丹:這根本不夠,要是火警沒響呢?你需要學習如何在火災中逃生或是生存。
ring(v.)鈴響、打電話escape(v.)逃脫
Tom: I know it’s safer to stay in the room if there’s smoke outside.
湯姆:我知道如果外面有煙,待在房間裡比較安全。
safe(adj.)安全的smoke(n.)煙霧
Dan: Yes. If you’ve seen smoke already, you’d better stay in and turn off the air conditioner.
丹:是的。如果已經看到有煙了,則最好待在房間裡面並關冷氣。
had better+RV最好turn off關閉air conditioner空調
Tom: Then what should I do?
湯姆:那接下來該怎麼辦?
Dan: You can call 119 and tell them the room number. They’ll come to the rescue.
丹:可以打119並告訴他們房間號碼,他們會來救你的。
rescue(v., n.)救援、rescue team救難隊
Tom: Gotcha. Thanks, bro.
湯姆:多謝啦,兄弟。