
一人一道料理
Mark and Tina are colleagues. They are chatting.
馬克和蒂娜是同事。他們在聊天。
Mark: Tina, I’m having a hot pot party this Friday night.
馬克:蒂娜,星期五晚上我有一個火鍋派對喔。
Tina: Oh? Are you inviting me?
蒂娜:哦?你在邀請我嗎?
invite(v.)邀請
Mark: Yes, many colleagues will come. It’s a potluck party.
馬克:嗯嗯,很多同事都會來。是自己帶食物那種。
come(v.)來potluck自備菜餚的派對
Tina: Do I need to bring a dish or…
蒂娜:我需要帶一道料理還是……
bring(v.)帶來dish(n.)菜餚
Mark: No, you need to bring something for the hot pot, like a vegetable.
馬克:不,但你需要帶火鍋的食材,比如一份蔬菜之類的。
vegetable(n.)蔬菜
Tina: Mmm. What about taro?
蒂娜:嗯。芋頭呢?
taro芋頭
Mark: What! No way!
馬克:什麼!這可不行!
No way不要、不可能
Tina: Just kidding. I think Jason will kill me if I bring taro.
蒂娜:開玩笑啦。我想如果我帶芋頭,傑森會殺了我。
Just kidding只是開開玩笑kill(v.)殺害
Mark: You’re right. Well, make up your mind about what to bring tomorrow.
馬克:你說得對。好吧,決定要帶什麼明天告訴我。
make up your mind決定好
Tina: Sure thing.
蒂娜:好。