
鈉離子與高血壓
Drew and Emma are colleagues. They are chatting.
德魯和艾瑪是同事。他們在聊天。
Drew: Hey, the guys and I are going to eat spicy hot pot tonight. Do you want to join us?
德魯:嘿,今晚我和大家要吃麻辣火鍋。想加入嗎?
Emma: Spicy hot pot again?
艾瑪:又吃麻辣火鍋?
Drew: We just can’t get enough of it on cold days like this.
德魯:這麼冷吃,怎樣都吃不膩啦。
can′t get enough of sth.再多都不膩
Emma: Just be careful. Eating too much hot pot may cause some heart problems.
艾瑪:小心點。吃太多火鍋可能會導致一些心臟問題。
Drew: How come?
德魯:怎麼會?
Emma: The soup is always very salty. You might take in too much sodium. Then your veins might get smaller.
艾瑪:火鍋湯都很鹹。可能會攝取過多鈉離子,會讓血管變小喔。
salty(adj.)鹹的take in攝取sodium(n.)鈉vein(n.)血管、靜脈
Drew: Then what? I’m so nervous right now.
德魯:然後呢?我現在好緊張。
Emma: Then your blood pressure will be high. You might even have a heart attack or a stroke.
艾瑪:血壓就會升高。甚至可能導致心臟病發作或是中風的情形呢。
blood pressure血壓heart attack心臟病stroke(n.)中風
Drew: Oh my gosh. I’m canceling the hot pot dinner tonight.
德魯:天啊。我要取消今晚的火鍋。
cancel(v.)取消
Emma: Don’t freak out! Just don’t eat hot pot too often.
艾瑪:別害怕!不要太常吃就好啦。
freak out慌張、驚慌失措、嚇到