
兩小時得冠軍
Roger and Gina are colleagues. They are having lunch.
羅傑和吉娜是同事。他們正在吃午飯。
Roger: How was your weekend? It was freezing.
羅傑:你周末過得怎麼樣?天氣超級冷呢。
freezing非常寒冷
Gina: I went to a hot spring with my friends. It was very nice.
吉娜:我和朋友去泡溫泉了。超級舒服。
hot spring溫泉
Roger: Did you know that the capybaras in Japan were having a hot bath contest?
羅傑:你知道日本的水豚有一個泡溫泉比賽嗎?
Gina: Do you have any pictures? They must be so cute.
吉娜:你有照片嗎?一定很可愛。
Roger: Yes. This capybara, Poru, came in first this year. It stayed in the hot bath for nearly two hours.
羅傑:嗯嗯。這隻水豚叫波魯,是今年第一名。牠在溫泉中待了將近兩個小時。
come in first第一名
Gina: Wow, it must have been enjoying the hot water a lot.
吉娜:哇,一定很享受泡湯。
must have 過去式
Roger: Scientists actually found out that these rodents can benefit from natural hot baths, just like humans!
羅傑:科學家們其實發現溫泉對水豚來說很有療效,就像人類一樣!
rodent囓齒動物benefit from sth.獲益natural(adj.)天生的、自然的
Gina: No wonder they can stay in hot water for so long. Very comfortable.
吉娜:難怪能在熱水裡待這麼久。很舒服吧。
comfortable(adj.)舒服的、comfy
Roger: Now I want to go to a hot spring as well.
羅傑:現在我也想去泡個溫泉。
Gina: I’ll give you some names of the hotels I’ve been to. You’re welcome.
吉娜:我推薦你一些我去過的溫泉飯店吧,不用客氣了。