
和企鵝一起生活
Leo and Martha are friends. They are talking about a job opportunity in Antarctica.
里奧和瑪莎是朋友,他們正在討論南極洲的工作機會。
opportunity(n.)機會employment opportunity就業機會
Leo: Hi Martha, did you hear about the job opportunity in Antarctica? They’re looking for people to live on a small island with penguins!
里奧:嗨,瑪莎,你有聽說過那個南極洲的工作機會嗎?他們正在找人在一座小島上與企鵝一起生活!
look for尋找
Martha: Really? Living with penguins? That sounds interesting. What’s the job?
瑪莎:真的嗎?和企鵝一起生活?聽起來很有趣。是做什麼的工作?
sound(v.)聽起來
Leo: They need people for a post office job, counting penguins, and taking care of a museum. It’s for five months on a small, icy island.
里奧:他們需要人力到郵局工作,數企鵝,還要維護一座博物館。這個工作要在一座冰冷的小島上待五個月。
count(v.)計算count heads清點人數take care of照顧、打理island(n.)島嶼a desert island荒島
Martha: Counting penguins? That’s cool! But isn’t it too cold and difficult?
瑪莎:數企鵝?好酷!但是,那會不會太冷、太辛苦了?
Leo: Yes, it’s freezing, and there’s no internet or running water. And you have to clean up penguin poop!
里奧:對,超級冷,而且沒有網路或自來水。還得清理企鵝的大便!
freezing(adj.)極冷的freeze(v.)凍結、結冰frozen(adj.)冷凍的、冷藏的clean up清理、整理=tidy up
Martha: Oh, that sounds tough. But an adventure, right? Would you apply?
瑪莎:喔,聽起來好辛苦。不過也是一次冒險,對吧?你會應徵嗎?
adventure(n.)冒險、歷險adventurous(adj.)大膽創新的、冒險的apply(v.)申請、應徵application(n.)申請applicant(n.)申請人
Leo: I’m thinking about it. It’s a unique experience, and we’d be part of history.
里奧:我在考慮。這是一次獨特的體驗,而且我們還可以成為歷史的一部分。
think about 思考、考慮=consider(v.)
Martha: True. Let’s apply together and see what happens!
瑪莎:對呀。我們一起應徵,看看會怎樣吧!
Leo: Great idea! Antarctica, here we come!
里奧:好主意!南極洲,我們來了!