
油價成本大增
Rita and Ken are a couple. They are talking about saving money for their trip abroad.
瑞塔和肯是一對夫妻。他們在討論存錢出國旅遊。
save(v.)儲存abroad(adv.)到國外
Ken: We should start saving up to travel. Many countries have lifted their ban on tourists.
肯:我們該開始存錢出遊了。許多國家解除了旅客禁令。
lift the ban=解除禁令tourist(n.)旅客
Rita: Yeah, we need a traveling fund. Maybe we can save enough money to travel abroad in just a few months.
瑞塔:是啊,我們該有個旅遊基金。也許我們幾個月內就能存夠錢出國。
fund(n.)基金enough=足夠的a few=少量的
Ken: I think it’s going to be difficult.
肯:我想這有點難。
difficult(adj.)困難的
Rita: Why is that?
瑞塔:為什麼?
Ken: The news said that the price of flight tickets is going to go up by at least 30%.
肯:新聞說機票價格會上漲至少百分之三十。
price(n.)價格flight(n.)航班ticket(n.)票券at least=至少
Rita: But there are more tourists now. I thought the price would be lower.
瑞塔:但現在遊客變多了。我以為價格會降低。
lower=較低
Ken: Well, oil prices are getting higher. Costs for the airline companies have risen as well.
肯:嗯,油價正在上漲,航空公司的成本也因而增加。
oil price=油價cost(n.)成本airline company=航空公司動詞三態rise-rose-risen=上升
Rita: That’s true. I can understand that.
瑞塔:也是,我能理解這點。
understand(v.)理解
Ken: Also, inflation is another reason why we can’t avoid the price hike.
肯:而通膨也是我們很難避免價格上漲的另一個原因。
inflation(n.)通貨膨脹reason(n.)理由avoid(v.)避免
Rita: I see. That’s a bummer.
瑞塔:懂了,真是讓人失望。
bummer(n.)掃興的事
Ken: I know. Maybe we can stay in an Airbnb instead of a hotel.
肯:我知道。也許我們可以去住民宿而不是飯店。
instead of=以~取代
Rita: I guess so. We will discuss it later.
瑞塔:我想可以。我們之後再討論。
guess(v.)猜測discuss(v.)討論