
深呼吸後再憋氣
Kelly and Eddie are finishing lunch. Kelly starts to hiccup.
凱莉與艾迪正結束午餐,凱莉開始打起嗝了。
hiccup(v.)打嗝
Kelly: I’ve got the hiccups. What should I do?
凱莉:我不停地打嗝耶,我該怎麼做?
should(aux.)應該
Eddie: There are a lot of things you can do. You could try getting someone to scare you, holding your breath or quickly drinking a glass of water.
艾迪:有很多事妳能做,妳能嘗試找某人嚇唬妳、憋氣或是快速地喝一杯水。
try(v.)嘗試,設法get(v.)叫來someone(pron.)某人scare(v.)驚嚇,使恐懼hold(v.)等待,推遲breath(n.)氣息,一次呼吸quickly(adv.)快速地、迅速地
Kelly: I’ve tried them all before. I also tried sticking my fingers in my ears and stuck my tongue out as far as I could. Nothing works though.
凱莉:我之前已經都嘗試過了,我也嘗試過用手指堵住我的耳朵和盡可能伸長舌頭。但沒有任何一個有用。
before(adv.)以前,從前stick(v.)放置,放tongue(n.)舌頭out(adv.)出,向外as(adv.)和…一樣far(adv.)遠as(conj.)像,如同…那樣could(aux.)能,可以nothing(pron.)沒有東西,沒有事情work(v.)有用,成功though(adv.)儘管
Eddie: Haha. That’s because there is no science-backed way to cure hiccups.
艾迪:哈哈!那是因為沒有科學支持的方法能治療打嗝。
science(n.)科學back(v.)支持,支援way(n.)方法,方式cure(v.)治癒
Kelly: What causes hiccups though?
凱莉:是什麼造成打嗝呢?
cause(v.)造成,導致though(conj.)但是,可是
Eddie: A few things. It could be eating too much, too quickly, or drinking too many fizzy drinks.
艾迪:幾件事情,可能是吃太多、吃太快、或喝了有氣泡的飲料。
a few一些,幾個could(aux.)也許fizzy(adj.)嘶嘶的,起泡沫的
Kelly: I see. So, what else can I try?
凱莉:我瞭解了。那麼,我可以嘗試什麼其它的方法嗎?
see(v.)明白,了解else(adv.)其它,別的
Eddie: According to some experts, you can try taking deep breaths and holding them. Massaging the base of your neck is another way.
艾迪:根據一些專家的說法,妳可以試著深呼吸並憋氣。按摩脖子根部也是另一個方式。
expert(n.)專家deep(adj.)深的massage(v.)按摩base(n.)底部another(det.)再一個的
Kelly: Wow! I’ll give those a try!
凱莉:哇!我要嘗試看看了!
try(n.)嘗試