
停止住宿
Becky and Ken are friends. They are having a conversation.
貝琪和肯是朋友。他們正在對話。
Becky: Hey, Ken! Have you heard? The military’s Hero Houses are stopping their hotel services.
貝琪:嘿,肯!你聽說了嗎?軍方的英雄館要停止提供住宿服務了。
military(n.)軍事、軍方join the military從軍、服役=serve in the military
Ken: Oh, really? I didn’t know that. I stayed at one in Taichung when I was in the army. Why are they stopping the hotel services?
肯:真的嗎?我還不知道耶。我當兵時曾經住過台中的英雄館。為什麼英雄館要停止住宿服務呢?
army(n.)軍隊、陸軍
Becky: It’s because of new laws. They can’t register as hotels anymore. The buildings don’t meet the hotel standards.
貝琪:是因為有新法規,現在不能再登記成旅館了,建築物也不符合旅館標準。
register(v.)註冊、登記not...anymore不再……standard(n.)標準、規範meet the standard某事或某人達到所要求的標準
Ken: Wow, that’s a big change! So, what will happen to them?
肯:哇,這樣變化好大!那以後它們會變怎樣?
Becky: They’re going to become more like leisure centers with health services and restaurants.
貝琪:會變成比較像是休閒中心,提供健康服務和餐飲。
leisure(n.)休閒、閒暇
Ken: Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. Do you think people will still go?
肯:聽起來不錯呢。你覺得大家還會去嗎?
Becky: I think so! People will still visit.
貝琪:我覺得會!人們還是會去。
Ken: I hope they keep the good food! The breakfast at the Hero House in Taichung was really delicious.
肯:我希望他們繼續保留好吃的餐點!台中英雄館的早餐很好吃。
keep(v.)保留(某物)keep V-ing持續進行~keep up跟上
Becky: That’s definitely staying! At least there’s some good news!
貝琪:那部分肯定會保留!至少還有一些好消息!
at least至少