
音樂請放小聲派對
Tom and Henry are going to Trevor’s party tonight.
湯姆和亨利今晚要去崔佛的派對。
Tom: Are you going to Trevor’s party tonight?
湯姆:你今晚要去崔佛的派對嗎?
Henry: Yes! As Trevor’s best buddy, I’ll be the life and soul of the party.
亨利:當然!身為崔佛的好麻吉,我會成為派對上閃耀的那顆星。
best buddy好朋友the life and soul of the party靈魂人物
Tom: Did you know that Jen is also going?
湯姆:你知道珍也要去嗎?
Henry: What? THE Jen?
亨利:什麼?那個珍嗎?
THE強調
Tom: Yes, the very famous party pooper.
湯姆:對,那個超會潑人冷水的珍。
Henry: No way! Who invited her?
亨利:不是吧!誰邀請她的?
invite(v.)邀請
Tom: Not sure. I really don’t want to be in the same room with her.
湯姆:我不確定。我真的不想和她在同一個空間。
Henry: Last time, at the party, she told everyone to turn down the music.
亨利:上次開趴時,她居然叫大家音樂放小聲。
last time上次turn down音量調小聲
Tom: Oh my god! It’s gonna be a nightmare.
湯姆:天啊!今晚會是一場噩夢。
nightmare(n.)夢魘
Henry: Don’t worry, bro. We can still have a good time.
亨利:別擔心,兄弟。我們還是可以度過美好時光。
worry(v.)擔憂
Tom: I hope so…
湯姆:希望囉。
I hope so希望如此