
遊艇主題派對
Tom, Ethan, and Henry are buddies. Henry’s birthday is coming.
湯姆、伊森和亨利是好朋友。亨利的生日快到了。
buddy(n.)朋友、死黨
Tom: Hey! Henry’s girlfriend called me yesterday.
湯姆:嘿!亨利的女友昨天打電話給我。
call(v.)打電話=ring
Ethan: What did she say?
伊森:她說了什麼?
Tom: She asked if we wanted to pitch in to host a birthday party for Henry at the last minute.
湯姆:她在最後一刻問我們想不想一起舉辦亨利的生日趴。
pitch in共同負擔、參一咖host(v.)主辦、(n.)主持人the last minute最後一刻
Ethan: I almost forgot! His birthday is coming.
伊森:我差點忘了!他的生日快到了。
Tom: Are you interested?
湯姆:你有興趣嗎?
interested(adj.)感到興趣的
Ethan: Yeah. Did she have any ideas about the party?
伊森:當然,她對派對主題有什麼想法嗎?
Tom: She was thinking about renting a yacht and cruising on the river.
湯姆:她有考慮租一艘遊艇並在河上晃晃。
rent(v.)租用yacht(n.)遊艇cruise(v.)乘船遊覽、航行river(n.)河流
Ethan: That’s perfect! Tell her we are in.
伊森:好棒!告訴她我們可以參一咖。
be in參加
Tom: Nice! I think we could be in charge of drinks and food.
湯姆:太好了!我想我們可以負責飲料和食物。
in charge of負責drink(n.)飲料food(n.)食物