
陪伴長輩
Peter: Hey Rachael! What are you doing this weekend?
彼得:嘿,瑞秋!你這週末要做什麼?
weekend(n.)週末
Rachael: Hi Peter! I’m going to help at the old people’s home near my house.
瑞秋:嗨,彼得!我會去我家附近的養老院幫忙。
near(prep.)接近close to…靠近…
Peter: That sounds nice! What will you do there?
彼得:聽起來不錯!你們會做什麼?
Rachael: We’ll talk with the elderly, play games, and help with small things.
瑞秋:我們會跟長輩聊天、玩遊戲,還會幫忙一些小事情。
elderly(adj.)年長的、長輩的the elderly長輩們the poor窮人the rich有錢人
Peter: Cool! Can I come too?
彼得:很棒!我可以一起去嗎?
Rachael: Of course! The more, the better. We start Saturday morning for two hours.
瑞秋:當然可以!人越多越好。我們星期六早上去,只有兩個小時。
the more, the better(人)越多越好
Peter: Great! I’ll bring a friend too.
彼得:太好了!我也可以帶一個朋友去。
friend(n.)朋友make friends with…和~交朋友
Rachael: Sure! They’ll love to have more people around.
瑞秋:當然!他們一定很喜歡有更多人陪他們。
around(adv.)在附近、四處stay with sb.陪伴在某人身邊
Peter: I never met my grandparents. Maybe this will feel like meeting family.
彼得:我從來沒見過爺爺奶奶。也許這會像見到家人一樣。
never(adv.)從不、從未feel like V-ing感覺像是、想要做
Rachael: That’s really sweet. They’ll be happy to see you, Peter.
瑞秋:好感人喔。他們見到你一定會很開心的,彼得。