
好心的年輕人
Mark is a high school student. He is on his way to school. He sees an old lady who needs help crossing a busy street.
馬克是一名高中生。他正要去上學。他看見一名老太太需要別人協助她穿越交通繁忙的街道。
on one’s way to+地點 在前往……的途中need help with sth.(need help V-ing) 需要人家幫忙……
Mark: Excuse me, ma’am. Can I help you cross the street?
馬克:不好意思,女士。我能協助您過馬路嗎?
excuse (v.)原諒、寬恕ma’am (n.)女士sir (n.)先生
Old Lady: Oh, bless your heart, dear. That would be lovely.
老太太:哦,親愛的,謝謝你。那太好了。
Mark: Please take my arm and we’ll wait for the traffic to clear.
馬克:請扶住我的手臂,我們等沒車後再通過。
arm (n.)手臂traffic (n.)交通traffic jam 交通壅塞、塞車traffic lights 交通號誌clear (v.)疏通、清除
Old Lady: You’re so kind. Thank you, dear.
老太太:你人真好。謝謝你,親愛的。
kind (adj.)親切的、和藹的、體貼的
Mark: No problem at all. I’m happy to help.
馬克:不要客氣。我很樂意幫忙。
Old Lady: You’re such a sweet young man. To say thank you for your help, please take these cookies I made this morning.
老太太:你是個好心的年輕人。為了感謝你的幫助,請收下我今天早上做的這些餅乾。
sweet (adj.)貼心的、和藹的、討人喜歡的
Mark: Oh, that’s so kind of you. Thank you very much!
馬克:哦,您真是太好了。非常感謝!
Old Lady: It’s the least I can do to thank you for your help.
老太太:為了感謝你的幫助,這點小事不算什麽。
Mark: These look delicious! Thank you so much. You really made my day.
馬克:這些餅乾看起來很好吃!非常感謝。您讓我今天非常開心。
make one’s day 讓(某人)很開心
Old Lady: I’m glad you like them. Have a great day!
老太太:我很高興你喜歡這些餅乾。祝你有美好的一天!
Have a great day.=Have a nice one. 祝你有美好的一天。
Mark: You too, and thanks again for the cookies.
馬克:您也一樣,再次感謝您的餅乾。