
大雨來了!
Amy is having a conversation with her friend Ben.
艾咪正在和朋友班對話。
Amy: Hey, Ben! Did you see the weather forecast for this week?
艾咪:嘿,班,你有看到這週的天氣預報嗎?
forecast(n.)天氣預報、預測/forecaster(n.)預報員changeable weather變化多端的天氣a drop/rise in temperature溫度下降/上升
Ben: Oh yeah… it’s going to be crazy. Heavy rain on Monday and Tuesday!
班:有啊⋯⋯會超狂的。週一、週二會下大雨喔!
Amy: Heavy rain? Seriously? I have to ride my scooter to work!
艾咪:大雨?真的假的?我要騎機車上班耶!
Ben: Oof… I feel you. That’s going to be messy. Maybe wrap yourself in a giant trash bag? Just kidding!
班:唉⋯⋯我懂你,那肯定超狼狽的。要不要整個人用大塑膠袋裹起來?開玩笑的啦!
I feel for you我為你感到難過wrap oneself in~把自己包裹起來、裹上(衣物或其他東西)
Amy: Haha… funny, but not helpful. Even with my raincoat, my backpack will get soaked.
艾咪:哈哈⋯⋯好笑啦,但沒什麼用。就算穿雨衣,背包還是會濕掉。
helpful(adj.)有幫助的、有益的even(adv.)甚至連~都
Ben: True… maybe we need scooters with built-in umbrellas! That would be perfect.
班:對啊⋯⋯要是機車自帶雨傘就完美了。
built-in(adj.)內建的、與生俱來的
Amy: And the temperature is cooler too. North Taipei around 21–22°C. Great… cold and wet, my favorite.
艾咪:而且氣溫也比較涼。北台北大概21、22度。太好了⋯⋯又冷又濕,我最愛這種組合。
temperature(n.)溫度、氣溫Celsius(n.)攝氏Fahrenheit(n.)華氏
Ben: Haha, misery loves company. We’ll get through this together! Just leave early, wear your raincoat, and maybe bring a thermos of coffee.
班:哈哈,痛苦要一起承受。我們一起撐過!早點出門、穿好雨衣,順便帶杯熱咖啡。
misery loves company同病相憐、不開心的人需要找伴get through完成、度過(困難或任務)thermos(n.)保溫瓶
Amy: Agreed… and maybe hope for a shortcut that’s not flooded. That would make things easier.
艾咪:對啊⋯⋯還希望有條不淹水的捷徑,要是有就方便多了。
shortcut(n.)捷徑、快速通道keyboard shortcut鍵盤快捷鍵take a shortcut抄捷徑
Ben: Yeah… if we survive the commute, the rest of the week should be fine.
班:對啊⋯⋯先撐過通勤就好,剩下的日子應該沒問題了。
survive(v.)存活、撐過、度過(困難)commute(n.)通勤的路程(v.)通勤commuter(n.)通勤者