
道路坍塌與土石流
Hank and Nicole are a couple. They are chatting.
漢克和妮可是一對情侶。他們正在聊天。
Hank: It has been raining for three days. It’s so humid.
漢克:雨已經下三天了。好潮濕。
humid(adj.)潮濕的
Nicole: Yes. The clothes hung on the balcony are still damp. We need to turn on the dehumidifier.
妮可:是啊。掛在陽台的衣服還是濕的。我們需要打開除濕機。
hang(v.)懸掛、吊掛damp(adj.)潮濕的turn on打開(電器)dehumidifier(n.)除濕機
Hank: The heavy rain also caused serious damage.
漢克:這場大雨也造成嚴重的災情。
serious(adj.)嚴重的、嚴肅的damage(n.)損害、危害
Nicole: I heard that some roads collapsed and several places had mudslides.
妮可:我聽說有些道路坍塌還有一些地方有土石流。
collapse(v.)坍塌、倒塌、昏倒mudslide(n.)土石流
Hank: And some places in northern Taiwan were flooded.
漢克:而且北台灣的一些地方淹水。
flood(v.)使淹水
Nicole: I have seen the pictures and videos. The water reached the cars’ headlights.
妮可:我有看到照片和影片。水淹到車子的頭燈了。
reach(v.)抵達、達到headlight(n.)頭燈
Hank: Yes. Do you know that some people were stuck in a hotel because of the flood?
漢克:對啊。你知道有些人因為淹水被困在旅館裡嗎?
stuck(adj.)卡住的、固定的
Nicole: No. What happened to them?
妮可:不知道。他們怎麼了?
Hank: The firefighters used inflatable dinghies to rescue them. They are safe now.
漢克:消防隊員用充氣船救他們出來。他們現在安全了。
firefighter(n.)消防隊員inflatable dinghy充氣船rescue(v.)救援、解救
Nicole: I hope the rain stops as soon as possible.
妮可:我希望這場雨趕快停。
as soon as possible盡快