
來自台灣的關懷
Jimmy and Cindy are watching news on TV.
吉米跟辛蒂在看電視新聞。
watch(v.)觀看news(n.)新聞
Jimmy: The news said that heavy rain led to flooding and landslides in Japan.
吉米:新聞上說日本因豪雨造成淹水跟土石流。
news(n.)新聞say(v.)說、表示heavy(adj.)大量的、劇烈的rain(n.)雨lead to導致、引起flooding(n.)洪水landslide(n.)土石流
Cindy: I know. It’s a serious disaster.
辛蒂:我知道,真的是嚴重的災害。
know(v.)知道serious(adj.)嚴重的disaster(n.)災害
Jimmy: I remember that you have a friend living in Japan.
吉米:我記得你有個朋友住在日本。
remember(v.)記得friend(n.)朋友live(v.)居住,live in+地方表示住在某處
Cindy: Yes. He’s fine. But I think we can donate some money to help other people.
辛蒂:是啊,他沒事。但我想我們可以捐款幫助其他人。
think(v.)覺得donate(v.)捐贈money(n.)金錢help(v.)幫助other(determiner)其他的people(n.)人們
Jimmy: You are right.
吉米:你說得對。
right(adj.)對的
Cindy: Many of them have no place to live now.
辛蒂:現在他們很多人都無家可歸。
place(n.)地方live(v.)居住
Jimmy: President Tsai also said that Taiwan is ready and willing to provide the necessary support to Japan.
吉米:總統蔡英文說台灣已經準備好、且十分願意提供給日本需要的支援。
president(n.)總統say(v.)說ready(adj.)準備好的be willing to願意⋯⋯provide(v.)提供necessary(adj.)必須的support(n.)支援
Cindy: It’s good to hear that.
辛蒂:那真是太好了。
hear(v.)聽到
Jimmy: Yeah. Hope that Japan can rebuild their home soon.
吉米:是啊,希望日本可以盡快重建家園。
hope(v.)希望rebuild(v.)重建