
溫度飆升39.5度
Jack and Sally are chatting. Jack is going to Hokkaido next month.
傑克跟莎莉在聊天,傑克下個月要去北海道。
chat(v.)聊天month(n.)月
Jack: Hey, I don’t know what to wear next month when I go to Hokkaido.
傑克:嘿,我不知道下個月去北海道要穿什麼。
wear(v.)穿month(n.)月
Sally: I saw the news this morning. The weather in Hokkaido is pretty hot now.
莎莉:我早上看到新聞,北海道現在很熱。
news(n.)新聞weather(n.)天氣hot(adj.)炎熱的
Jack: What? I thought it would be comfortable.
傑克:什麼?我以為會滿舒適的。
think(v.)認為、覺得comfortable(adj.)舒適的
Sally: Not at all. The temperature hit 39.5 degrees due to a heat wave.
莎莉:根本不是,北海道因為熱浪來襲,溫度飆升到39.5度。
not at all一點也不temperature(n.)溫度hit(v.)達到degree(n.)度due to因為heat wave熱浪
Jack: That’s scorching! I guess I’ll have to bring my sunglasses.
傑克:超熱的!我想我要戴太陽眼鏡了。
scorching(adj.)炎熱的=very hotbring(v.)攜帶sunglass(n.)太陽眼鏡
Sally: You should also bring a bottle of water with you.
莎莉:你還要隨身帶一瓶水。
bring(v.)攜帶bottle(n.)瓶罐
Jack: I know. Drinking more water when the weather is hot can prevent heatstroke.
傑克:我知道,天氣熱的時候多喝水可以避免中暑。
drink(v.)喝weather(n.)天氣hot(adj.)炎熱的prevent(v.)避免heatstroke(n.)中暑
Sally: Right. Remember to take good care of yourself.
莎莉:沒錯,記得照顧好自己。
remember(v.)記得take care of照顧yourself(pron.)你自己
Jack: Sure. I will.
傑克:當然,我會的。