
食安問題不可不防
Deanna and Paul are a couple. They are shopping online together.
迪安娜和保羅是一對情侶,他們正在一起網購。
Paul: Whoa! Look at this candy, Deanna! This is the kind I used to get for Halloween in the U.S.
保羅: 哇!迪安娜,你看這個糖果!這就是我在美國萬聖節時會吃的那種!
used to過去曾、以前會做某事be used to V-ing現在習慣做~
Deanna: Oh! So that is the “wax bottle candy” you told me about. The outside is wax and the inside is jam, right?
迪安娜:喔!原來這就是你跟我說的「蠟瓶糖」啊。外面是蠟,裡面是果醬,對吧?
inside(n.)裡面、內部
Paul: Yep! I want you to try it. We should order some!
保羅:沒錯!我想讓你試試看。我們應該訂一些!
order(v.)訂貨、點餐、整理、排序take an order點餐
Deanna: I don’t think we should. The seller is in China.
迪安娜:我覺得我們不應該訂。賣家在中國。
buyer(n.)買家make a purchase購買
Paul: Why can’t we order it? We can just pay to have it sent here.
保羅:為什麼我們不能訂呢?我們可以付錢讓它寄到這裡。
Deanna: Well, Taiwan’s Health Ministry just said we shouldn’t eat that kind of candy from China. It is usually sold without labels, so no one knows what’s actually in it.
迪安娜:嗯,台灣的衛福部剛說我們不應該吃來自中國的蠟瓶糖。它通常沒有標示的,所以沒有人知道裡面到底是什麼。
without(prep.)沒有label(n.)標籤、標示actually(adv.)實際上、事實上
Paul: Oh! That seems strange…and not safe.
保羅:喔!那聽起來怪怪的⋯⋯而且不安全。
seem(v.)看起來、似乎seem like看起來像(後加名詞或句子)
Deanna: Right. I heard that selling it in Taiwan is even against the law.
迪安娜:對啊。我聽說連在台灣賣這種糖果都是違法的。
against the law違法的
Paul: Ah, okay. We don’t need to order this. I’m sure we can find some safer candies in Taiwan.
保羅:啊,好吧。我們不需要訂這個。我相信我們可以在台灣找到一些更安全的糖果。