
更新戀愛史
Betty and Doug were classmates back in college. They are going on a hike with a group of friends. They meet at Taipei station.
貝蒂和道格是大學同學。他們要和一群朋友去爬山。他們約在台北車站。
back in college以前在大學時hike(n.)健行
Doug: Is everyone here?
道格:大家都到了嗎?
Betty: Karen will be late and Harry says that he’s on his way.
貝蒂:凱倫會遲到,哈利說他在路上了。
And(conj.)而、前後相近
Doug: Oh! Is Dennis coming? I texted him, but he never texted back.
道格:哦!丹尼斯要來嗎?我發簡訊給他,但他沒回。
text(v.)傳簡訊but(conj.)但是、前後相反
Betty: Haven’t you heard? He was dumped yesterday.
貝蒂:你不知道嗎?他昨天被甩了。
Doug: What? Was he dumped by the girl we met that one time, or a new one? I lost track of his romantic history a long time ago.
道格:什麼?是被我們之前遇過一次的那個女生甩還是新的?我很久之前就沒有再更新他的戀愛史。
Or(conj.)還是(二選一的狀態)lose track of sth.失去追蹤、紀錄romantic history羅曼史、愛情史
Betty: The same one.
貝蒂:我們遇過的那位。
Doug: How did you find out?
道格:你為什麼知道?
find out知道because(conj.)因為so(conj.)所以
Betty: I found out because I follow him on Instagram. I think he’ll skip the hiking, so we don’t need to wait for him.
貝蒂:因為我在Instagram上追蹤他。我覺得他不會來,所以可以跳過他。
skip(v.)跳過、略過
Doug: Alright. Let’s wait for Karen and Harry to show up.
道格:好。那我們就等凱倫和哈利出現。
show up出現
Betty: Oh, I see them. They’re coming.
貝蒂:噢,我看見了他們了。