
我的朋友是書蟲
Nathan and Alice are friends. Today, Nathan invited Alice to check out his books in his room.
奈森和愛麗絲是朋友。今天,奈森邀請愛麗絲來看看他房裡的書籍。
invite(v.)邀請check sth. out去看看、了解情況
Alice: Wow, Nathan. You are such a bookworm. There are so many books here.
愛麗絲:哇,奈森,你真是個書蟲,這裡有好多書啊!
such如此、這麼,表示強調語氣
Nathan: Well, collecting books is my thing. I certainly like reading.
奈森:收藏書籍是我的興趣,我的確很喜歡看書。
collect(v.)收集、收藏my thing指的是某人的興趣愛好,或是擅長的事
Alice: It cost you quite a fortune, didn’t it?
愛麗絲:一定花了你很多錢,是吧?
cost(v.)花費fortune(n.)一大筆錢
Nathan: That’s true. I spent most of my money on books.
奈森:沒錯,我大部分的錢都花在書上了。
spend money on sth.花錢買⋯most(pron.)大部分
Alice: Have you read all of them?
愛麗絲:你讀過所有的書了嗎?
all(pron.)全部
Nathan: It’s going to take me a while to finish them all. I am a slow reader.
奈森:我要花好一段時間才能看完全部的書,我看書看得很慢。
reader(n.)讀者
Alice: Some of the books’ covers are worn out pretty badly.
愛麗絲:有些書的封面破得蠻厲害的。
some(pron.)一些cover(n.)封面wear out磨破、用壞,worn為過去分詞badly(adv.)嚴重地
Nathan: I got those books from a second-hand bookstore. They were very cheap.
奈森:那些書是從二手書店買的,它們非常便宜。
second-hand=used(adj.)二手的
Alice: That’s exciting.
愛麗絲:真有趣啊!
exciting(adj.)令人興奮的
Nathan: Although they don’t look as good as new books, they are my treasures.
奈森:雖然它們看起來不像新書那麼好,但是它們是我的珍寶。
although(conj.)雖然、儘管treasure(n.)珍寶
Alice: Next time when you go to the second-hand bookstore, can I tag along?
愛麗絲:下次你去二手書店時,我可以跟著去嗎?
tag along跟隨
Nathan: Sure. It’s going to be fun.
奈森:當然可以呀,會很好玩的。
fun(adj.)有趣的、愉快的