
賽門的免死金牌
Joseph and Jessie are at work.
約瑟夫和潔西正在工作。
Joseph: Hi Jessie, can you help me fill out these reports?
約瑟夫:嗨,潔西,妳能幫助我填寫這些報告嗎?
fill out填寫report(n.)報告、報導
Jessie: Why? Didn’t Simon do that yesterday?
潔西:為什麼呢?昨天賽門不是做好了嗎?
Joseph: He was supposed to, but he didn’t turn up for work again.
約瑟夫:他是應該做好,但他又沒來上班了。
suppose(v.)認為可能turn up出現、到場
Jessie: Again? And the boss hasn’t talked to him?
潔西:又?而老闆都沒跟他聊過?
boss(n.)老闆、上司
Joseph: No, haven’t you noticed? The boss loves him. Simon gets away with murder.
約瑟夫:沒有,妳沒注意到嗎?老闆愛她耶!賽門做不好的事都可以免於責難。
notice(v.)注意到、感覺到
Jessie: Whoa, he hasn’t killed anyone.
潔西:等等,他沒有殺任何人啊!
whoa(excl.)且慢、慢點kill(v.)殺死anyone(pron.)任何人
Joseph: No, that’s not what I mean. I mean he can do whatever he wants, but nothing bad ever happens to him.
約瑟夫:那不是我的意思;我意思是他可以做任何他想做的事,但卻沒有不好的事會發生在他身上。
mean(v.)意思是whatever(pron.)無論什麼、任何事物nothing(pron.)沒有事情ever(adv.)從來happen(v.)發生
Jessie: Well he certainly gets away with not doing any work around here.
潔西:他在這裡不做工作也能安然無恙!
certainly(adv.)當然around(prep.)四處、周圍
Joseph: Right, I came here to do one job, not two! Anyway, can you help me with these reports?
約瑟夫:是啊,我來這裡是要做一份工作的,不是兩份!對了,這份報告妳可以幫我嗎?
right(excl.)對、好、行anyway(adv.)對了、無論如何、反正
Jessie: Sure, but we need to talk to the boss. Simon can’t get away with this forever!
潔西:當然,但我們需要先和老闆談談;賽門不能老是可以這樣。
sure(adv.)當然forever(adv.)永遠、老是