
怪東怪西怪口音
Ron and Bethany are discussing the English Listening Comprehension Test they just had.
榮恩和貝森妮在討論剛考完的英文聽力測驗。
discuss(v.)討論comprehension(n.)理解test(n.)測驗、考試
Ron: I’m doomed. I will get a terrible grade.
榮恩:完蛋了,我這次考試一定會考很爛。
doomed(adj.)毀滅的terrible(adj.)糟糕的grade(n.)成績
Bethany: Why? This test wasn’t that hard.
貝森妮:為什麼?這次考試沒有很難吧。
test(n.)考試hard(adj.)困難的
Ron: Don’t you think the male speaker spoke too fast?
榮恩:你不覺得對話的男生講話太快嗎?
think(v.)認為male(adj.)男性的speaker(n.)說話者speak(v.)講話fast(adj.)快的
Bethany: Maybe a little bit. But it was okay.
貝森妮:有一點啦,但還可以吧。
a little bit一點點
Ron: And he had a heavy accent.
榮恩:而且他口音又很重。
accent(n.)口音
Bethany: Did he? I didn’t notice that.
貝森妮:會嗎?我倒是沒注意到。
notice(v.)注意
Ron: Yes, he did. And the sound of the electrical fans was so noisy.
榮恩:會啊,而且教室電風扇的聲音又很吵。
sound(n.)聲音electrical(adj.)電的fan(n.)風扇、扇子noisy(adj.)吵雜的
Bethany: I think it is because you were too nervous.
貝森妮:我看是你自己太緊張了。
think(v.)認為nervous(adj.)緊張的