
大快朵頤過冬至
Mike and Ruby are having dinner after work.
麥克與露比下班正在吃晚餐。
dinner(n.)晚餐after(prep.)在……之後work(n.)工作
Mike: It was the winter solstice last Friday. Did you have tangyuans?
麥克:上星期五是冬至,妳有吃湯圓嗎?
winter solstice冬至last(adj.)最後的Friday(n.)星期五
Ruby: No, I didn’t. Did you?
露比:我沒有耶,你有嗎?
Mike: Sure! I cooked them myself.
麥克:當然!我自己煮的哦!
sure(adv.)當然cook(v.)煮myself(pron.)我自己
Ruby: What kind of tangyuan do you like?
露比:你喜歡吃哪一種湯圓?
kind(n.)種類like(v.)喜歡
Mike: I like traditional tangyuans with dried longan. What’s your favorite flavor?
麥克:我喜歡小湯圓和桂圓,妳最喜歡什麼口味?
traditional(adj.)傳統的with(prep.)連同,一起dried longan龍眼乾favorite(adj.)最喜歡的flavor(n.)味道,風味
Ruby: I love matcha tangyuans. They taste fantastic with condensed milk.
露比:我愛抹茶湯圓,它和煉乳一起吃超棒的!
love(v.)愛matcha(n.)抹茶taste(v.)嚐起來fantastic(adj.)極好的condensed milk煉乳
Mike: By the way, it’s better not to have them as a late-night snack.
麥克:順帶一提,不要在宵夜時吃湯圓比較好哦!
by the way順帶一提better(adj.)較好的late-night snack宵夜
Ruby: Is it because the calories are high?
露比:是因為熱量很高嗎?
because(conj.)因為calorie(n.)卡路里,卡high(adj.)高的
Mike: That’s one of the reasons. In addition, we need more time to digest it since it is made with glutinous rice.
麥克:這是其中一個原因。此外,因為它是糯米做的,所以需要更多的時間消化。
reason(n.)原因,理由in addition此外need(v.)需要more(adj.)更多的digest(v.)消化since(conj.)因為made with由……所做的glutinous rice糯米
Ruby: I get it! And we should not eat too many at a time, either.
露比:我懂了!並且我們也不應該一次吃太多。
get(v.)了解,懂should(aux.)應該too(adv.)太many(pron.)很多at a time一次either(adv.)也