
最愛芝麻口味
It’s the winter solstice today. Kelly is inviting Tom to her place to have tangyuan.
今天是冬至。凱莉邀請湯姆到她家吃湯圓。
invite(v.)邀請invitation(n.)邀請
Kelly: Hey Tom, how about coming over to my place to try tangyuan for the winter solstice?
凱莉:嘿,湯姆,要不要過來我家吃湯圓,慶祝冬至呢?
how about~如何come over過來、(從一地)來到另一地
Tom: Tangyuan? What’s that?
湯姆:湯圓?那是什麼?
Kelly: Well, tangyuan are a kind of dessert, and they are made of rice. There are different flavors like sesame tangyuan, peanut tangyuan, red bean tangyuan, savory tangyuan, and even fried tangyuan.
凱莉:湯圓是一種甜食,是米做的。有不同口味,像是芝麻湯圓、花生湯圓、紅豆湯圓、鹹湯圓,甚至還有炸湯圓。
dessert(n.)甜點be made of 由~做成(看得出材質)be made from由~做成(看不出材質)flavor(n.)口味savory(adj.)鹹的、名聲好的、受歡迎的=savouryfried(adj.)炸的
Tom: Wow, that sounds delicious! Which one is your favorite?
湯姆:哇,聽起來很好吃!哪一種是你最喜歡的?
sound(v.)聽起來sound(n.)聲音、音量
Kelly: I love sesame tangyuan. They’re sweet with a nutty flavor. Eating tangyuan on the winter solstice means growing a year older, you know?
凱莉:我最喜歡芝麻湯圓,甜甜的又有堅果的味道。吃湯圓在冬至代表又長了一歲,知道嗎?
nutty(adj.)有堅果味的、怪異的nut(n.)堅果
Tom: That’s cool! Where can we get them?
湯姆:好酷!哪裡可以買到?
Kelly: Actually, I made some at home. How about you come over, and we can enjoy them together?
凱莉:其實我在家裡做了一些。要不要過來,一起品嚐呢?
savor(v.)品嚐enjoy(v.)喜歡、享受
Tom: Sounds great! I’d love to try your sesame tangyuan.
湯姆:聽起來不錯!我很想試試你做的芝麻湯圓。
would love to 想要
Kelly: Perfect! Let’s plan for it then.
凱莉:太好了!我們計劃一下吧。
plan(v.)(n.)計畫、打算