
浪費時間的會
Eva and James are coworkers.
伊娃跟詹姆士是同事。
coworker(n.)同事
James: Hey, check your email. I have a big surprise for you.
詹姆士:嘿,看看你的電子郵件,我有個大驚喜。
check(v.)檢查、查看surprise(n.)驚喜
Eva: What surprise? Do you mean the meeting we’re having in 30 minutes?
伊娃:什麼驚喜?你是說30分鐘之後我們要開會嗎?
surprise(n.)驚喜mean(v.)意思是meeting(n.)會議minute(n.)分鐘
James: Bingo! I can’t believe we’re having another meeting about this.
詹姆士:答對!我真不敢相信又要開會。
believe(v.)相信another(adj.)再一個的meeting(n.)會議
Eva: Come on. It can’t be that bad.
伊娃:拜託,也沒那麼糟。
James: The last thing I need is to be in a long meeting in the middle of a super busy day. It’s a waste of time.
詹姆士:在很忙的一天中,我最不需要的就是開一個很長的會,根本浪費時間。
last(adj.)最後的need(v.)需要meeting(n.)會議busy(adj.)忙碌的waste(n.)浪費time(n.)時間
Eva: Stop whining. Come on, I’ll help you with your work.
伊娃:不要再抱怨了,你的工作我可以幫你。
stop(v.)停止whine(v.)哀號、嘀嘀咕咕help(v.)幫助work(n.)工作
James: Will you do that for me? That’s so nice of you.
詹姆士:你要幫我做?你真好。
Eva: But you have to buy me a cup of coffee tomorrow.
伊娃:但你明天要請我一杯咖啡。
buy(v.)購買tomorrow(adv.)在明天
James: No problem.
詹姆士:沒問題。
problem(n.)問題