
健康飲食
York and Rachel are friends. They are chatting.
約克和瑞秋是朋友。他們正在聊天。
York: Rachel, we’re having a barbecue on Saturday. Would you like to come?
約克:瑞秋,我們星期六有個烤肉聚會。你想來嗎?
barbecue(n.)烤肉、烤肉聚會
Rachel: Well, I’m on a diet. So count me out.
瑞秋:嗯,我在節食。所以不了。
on a diet節食count sb. out不把某人算在內count sb. in將某人算在內
York: Why? Do you want to lose some weight? You’re so slender.
約克:為什麼?你想減肥嗎?你很苗條耶。
lose weight減重gain weight增重slender(adj.)苗條的slim(adj.)苗條的
Rachel: I just want to have a healthy diet. Do you know that you would have to climb the stairs of Taipei 101 seven times to burn off the calories you get from having a barbecue?
瑞秋:我只是想吃得健康點。你知道必須爬七次台北101才能消耗掉一餐烤肉的熱量嗎?
stair(n.)樓梯burn off消耗calorie(n.)卡、卡路里(熱量單位)
York: Wow, that sounds like quite a lot. So do you mean you want to have more vegetables rather than eat lots of meat?
約克:哇,那聽起來相當多。所以你的意思是想吃多點蔬菜而不是吃一堆肉囉?
rather than而非
Rachel: Yep. We should have three to five servings of vegetables every day, but most people have less than three servings.
瑞秋:是啊。我們應該每天都攝取三到五份的蔬菜,但大部分的人卻攝取不到三份。
serving(n.)一份little-less-the least
York: Well, I think I am one of them.
約克:嗯,我想我是其中之一。
Rachel: If you eat enough dietary fiber, it can lower the risk of having a stroke or heart disease.
瑞秋:如果你攝取足夠的膳食纖維,可以降低中風和罹患心臟病的風險。
enough(adj.)足夠的dietary fiber膳食纖維lower(v.)降低risk(n.)風險stroke(n.)中風heart(n.)心臟heart disease心臟病
York: Ok, I will try my best to keep up with you. Actually, we will also prepare some pomelo salad on Saturday.
約克:好的,我會盡力跟上。其實,我們星期六也會準備一些柚子沙拉。
keep up with sb. or sth.跟上某人或某物
Rachel: Well, that sounds nice.
瑞秋:嗯,那聽起來不錯。