
台北動物園物語
Kathy and Richard are chatting.
凱西跟理查在聊天。
現在進行式:S+be.v.+v-ingchat(v.)聊天
Richard: Kathy, check this out!
理查:凱西,你看這個!
check sth out=check out sth看看某物
Kathy: Are these frogs?
凱西:這些是青蛙嗎?
frog(n.)青蛙
Richard: Yes, they are Fleischmann’s glass frogs.
理查:是啊,這是弗氏玻璃蛙。
Kathy: I can see through their skin! Their skin is so transparent.
凱西:我可以直接看到牠們皮膚底下,牠們的皮膚好透明!
see(v.)看skin(n.)皮膚transparent(adj.)透明的
Richard: Right. These glass frogs just laid a new batch of eggs in the Taipei Zoo.
理查:沒錯,這些台北動物園的弗氏玻璃蛙下蛋了。
lay(v.)產卵batch(n.)一批egg(n.)卵
Kathy: Wow, I guess there will be many baby frogs.
凱西:哇,那麼我想之後會有很多蛙寶寶了。
guess(v.)想
Richard: Would you like to go see the frogs? We can go to the zoo.
理查:當然囉,你會想要看看蛙寶寶嗎?我們可以去動物園。
would like=want想要
Kathy: Sure, I’d love to. I really hope the baby frogs grow up nice and healthy after they hatch from their eggs.
凱西:當然,我很想去。希望蛋都成功孵化長大。
would love to=want tohope(v.)希望grow up長大healthy(adj.)健康的hatch(v.)孵出