
可憐的農民
Ivan went grocery shopping. He just came back.
艾文去採買雜貨,他剛回來。
grocery shopping採買雜貨
Ivan: Hey, come help me out!
艾文:嘿,來幫我一下!
help(v.)幫助
Diana: Why are you buying so much cabbage? What are we, rabbits?
黛安娜:為什麼你要買這麼多高麗菜?我們是兔子嗎?
cabbage(n.)高麗菜、包心菜
Ivan: That’s funny. Cabbage is cheap now!
艾文:滿好笑的,現在高麗菜很便宜!
funny(adj.)好笑的cabbage(n.)高麗菜、包心菜cheap(adj.)便宜的
Diana: I heard that this year’s harvest has been good due to favorable weather.
黛安娜:我聽說今年因為天氣好所以大豐收。
harvest(n.)收成due to因為favorable(adj.)有助益的
Ivan: Exactly. These three big cabbages cost only 50NT!
艾文:沒錯,三個大的高麗菜才50元。
cabbage(n.)高麗菜、包心菜cost(v.)花費
Diana: Wow, that’s cheap! Do farmers earn any money off of this?
黛安娜:哇,很便宜!農民真的可以賺到錢嗎?
cheap(adj.)便宜的farmer(n.)農民earn(v.)賺(錢)
Ivan: I don’t know. Some farmers even use Facebook to sell their cabbages. One kilogram of cabbages is only 10 NT.
艾文:我不知道,有些農民還利用臉書賣菜,1公斤才10元。
farmer(n.)農民use(v.)使用sell(v.)販售cabbage(n.)高麗菜、包心菜
Diana: I think our government should do something about this to help those poor farmers!
黛安娜:我覺得政府應該採取行動,幫助這些可憐的農民。
government(n.)政府do something about sth對某事採取行動help(v.)幫助poor(adj.)可憐的farmer(n.)農民
Ivan: Right. Anyway, could you please take these cabbages? They are really heavy.
艾文:是啊,總之,你可以先幫我拿一下這些高麗菜嗎?真的很重。
cabbage(n.)高麗菜、包心菜heavy(adj.)重的