
窗邊有個老太太
Halloween is coming. Fiona and Leo are talking about a haunted house.
萬聖節就要到了,菲歐娜和里歐正在討論一間鬼屋。
Halloween萬聖節、trick or treat不給糖就搗蛋
Fiona: Do you know the haunted house down the street?
菲歐娜:你知道街上那間鬼屋嗎?
Leo: Of course. Someone saw an old lady by the window last week.
里歐:當然,上禮拜有在窗邊看到一個老太太的身影。
of course當然see-saw-seen(v.)看old lady老太太by the window窗戶旁
Fiona: No way! Who was it?
菲歐娜:不是吧!那是誰?
no way不可能、不是吧who疑問代詞、誰
Leo: Your guess is as good as mine. I heard that Brian and his gang are going to try to find out who the lady is.
里歐:我也不知道。我聽說布萊恩和他那群朋友要去看那個老太太到底是誰。
Your guess is as good as mine.我也不知道hear-heard-heard(v.)聽到、聽說gang(n.)團夥、gangster黑道、流氓find out找出間接問句who the lady is、wh-疑問句中含 be 動詞時,需要調換主詞與 be 動詞的順序
Fiona: Cool!
菲歐娜:好酷!
cool酷
Leo: No! That’s dangerous, and who cares anyway?!
里歐:哪裡酷?很危險好嗎!而且誰在乎那個老太太啊。
dangerous(adj.)危險、safe(adj.)安全care(v.)在乎anyway不管怎樣
Fiona: Haha! Are you scared of ghosts?
菲歐娜:哈哈,你會怕鬼嗎?
be scared of害怕+N.=afraid ofghost(n.)鬼、spirit幽靈
Leo: A little bit, yes.
里歐:有一點。
a little bit一點點
Fiona: Come on, those stories are all made up. We should join them.
菲歐娜:拜託,那些都是捏造的。我們應該加入他們去探險。
come on拜託、少來make up造假、捏造join(v.)加入
Leo: I’d rather not, thanks.
里歐:我還是不要好了,謝謝。
I′d rather not.=I would rather not.我寧可不要