
蚊子不喜歡的氣味
The summer is coming. Henry and Emma are cleaning the house.
夏天快到了。亨利和艾瑪正在打掃房子。
summer(n.)夏天clean(v.)清理
Henry: Oh my! Why are there so many cockroaches in the kitchen?
亨利:天哪!為什麼廚房裡有那麼多蟑螂?
cockroach(n.)蟑螂
Emma: And even centipedes!
艾瑪:甚至有蜈蚣!
centipede(n.)蜈蚣millipede(n.)馬陸
Henry: I hate to tell you the truth, but summer is here.
亨利:不想這麼說,但夏天真的到了。
hate(v.)討厭truth(n.)真相
Emma: All these bugs! I can’t take it anymore.
艾瑪:我討厭這些小蟲!這樣下去不是辦法。
bug(n.)小蟲、電腦漏洞take it忍受
Henry: What do you have in mind?
亨利:你有什麼主意?
Emma: I’m going to buy mugwort to hang it on the door.
艾瑪:我要去買艾草掛在門上。
door(n.)門
Henry: What can it do?
亨利:有什麼功用?
Emma: It can keep all these little bugs away from the house.
艾瑪:可以把小蟲子驅於門外。
keep away遠離、避開
Henry: Wow! That magical?
亨利:哇!這麼神奇啊!
magical(adj.)神奇的、magic(n.)魔法
Emma: Yes. Mosquitos also don’t like its smell. Our house will be free from bugs.
艾瑪:是的。蚊子也不喜歡這個氣味。之後我們家就不會有蟲子了。
mosquito(n.)蚊子smell(n.)氣味be free from免於、沒有不好的東西